Shree Jagannathpuri is one of the pious pilgrimage tour destinations for Hindus, is also one of the four great Chardham situated at the shore of the city Bhuvneshwar in the Odisha an Indian state.
This temple is dedicated to the Lord Jagannath a form of Lord Vishnu was build by the great King Indradyumna this temple is famous for its annual Rath Yatra or Chariot festival in which three main deities are pulled on a huge rath decorated in temples shape.
This huge and gorgeous temple holds a great importance in Hinduism and especially to those belonging to Vaishnavism. The lives of many great philosophers or saintslike Ramanuja, AdiShankaracharya, and Ramananda are associated with the history of this pilgrimage. It is believed that the Emar Mutt was established by Ramanuja near the temple and also the Govardhan Mutt which is one for the prime seats of Shankaracharya is also located in the same region. History states that Chaitanya Mahaprabhu who was the founder of Vaishnavism tradition was attracted to this divine place and spent a great part of his life at Jagannath.
Also called as Chariot Festival, Dasavatara, Navadina Yatra, and Gundicha Yatra, Rath Yatra is one of the most awaited festivals celebrated annually in the state of Orissa. Being an important pilgrimage of the Char Dham circuit, Puri is known for its high tourism rate throughout the year but in June and July, there is a sudden increase in the Puri tourism rate. There is a belief in Hinduism that Lord Krishna seeks to visit Mathura, his birthplace and this is why there is a yatra organized every year from Jagannath Temple to Gundicha Temple. During this entire procession, the wooden idols of three deities are carried from Jagannath Temple to Gundicha Temple in Puri. If you are also looking forward to attending this annual celebration then browse our Puri Rath Yatra Special tour package and participate in this grand procession of carrying idols from one place to another.
Day 01 – Arrival Puri
Upon your arrival at Puri, one of the sacred Dham of the All-India Chardham circuit, you’ll be greeted by our tour representative who then escorts you to the hotel. Check in, freshen up and later proceed to visit the auspicious Jagannath Dham. Post Darshan at Jagannath Dham, we move for visiting the Chilka Lake, the largest of all brackish water lagoons in the whole of Asia. The richness of biodiversity makes Chilka a renowned Ramsar zone. After returning from Chilka, you may use the leisure time to stroll on the Puri beaches. Back to hotel for dinner and night stay.
Day 02 – Rath Yatra Darshan
Day 2 is given to the viewing of the Rath Yatra festival, one of the most pompous spectacles on this earth. During Rath Yatra, the idols of Sri Jagannath ji, brother Balarama and sister Subhadra are brought out into the open from the Jagannath shrine; placed in their heavily decked chariots and taken out for procession through the Puri main road to Gundicha temple which is considered as Jagannath Ji’s aunt’s house where he along with his brother and sister, goes to spend a short vacation. Huge crowds gather at Puri during this time to have a glimpse of this holy spectacle and feel blessed. You too can be a part of these festivities! After viewing the Rath Yatra, we come back to hotel for dinner & night stay.
Day 03 – Puri-Konark
Next day we leave for Konark post breakfast and en route visit the famed crafts village of Raghurajpur where you get to witness some very traditional and spectacular crafts tussar paintings, palm leaf artistic engravings, Papier Mache play toys and stone carvings. After visit to Raghurajpur, we drive straight to Konark, check into hotel and relax for few hours after which we proceed for a sightseeing of Konark. The main places covered are Konark sun temple or black pagoda which is a world heritage site; then the Archaeological Survey of India Museum and the famous Chandrabhaga beach where the waters are believed to possess great leprosy-healing powers. Back to hotel for dinner and night stay.
Day 04 – Konark-Bhubaneshwar
Next day after breakfast we hit the road for Bhubaneshwar and en route, we visit some very renowned places like Pipli, Dhauli hills and Chausathi Jogini (Yogini) Temple. Pipali is known enough for the enticing appliqué work craft. Dhauli hill is well known for Ashoka’s rock edicts and the beautiful white pagoda. Chausathi Yogini temple is well known for the tantric Puja of Ma Kali. After visiting the above places, we head straight to Bhubaneshwar and check into hotel for dinner and night stay.
Day 05 – At Bhubaneshwar
Next day is given to exploring Orissa’s capital city Bhubaneshwar. Bhubaneshwar often enjoys the metaphor of the ‘country’s temple city’ and has a 3000 years old history. The places we cover during the Bhubaneshwar sightseeing include Lingaraj temple, Rajarani temple, Ananta Vasudeva temple, Udayagiri-Khandagiri caves, Nandankanan zoological park. Back to hotel for dinner and night stay.
Day 06 – Bhubaneshwar Departure
Next morning you’ll be transferred to Bhubaneshwar airport/rail station where our representative sees you off and you proceed for your onward journey back home with lots of pleasant memories of the tour.
- You will be served with a relishing breakfast, lunch, and snacks along with tea and coffee arranged properly at the rooftop.
- The highest standards of accommodations are provided to our clients. The accommodations are arranged on a sharing basis too on your request.
- Smooth and comfortable pick up and drop facility from the hotel to the temple and vice-versa.
- You will be served with all the three meals of the day but the meals served to you are only vegetarian. No request for non-vegetarian food is accepted.
- Enjoy the mesmerizing views of the surroundings of Chilka Lake through a boat ride.
- There is an extra entry fee for our foreign guests.
- If you are looking to gather some beautiful pictures as memories of your trip then the camera fee will be paid by you only.
- There is no provision of providing tour guide assistance to you and if you need a guide to accompany you then you will have to pay extra for this.
- Visiting other destinations apart from the itinerary makes you pay extra bugs.
- Any sort of train fare or airfare is not included in the cost inclusion column of our itinerary.
Guidelines for Passengers
1. Being a heavily crowded holy destination, there is always a chance of mishappenings so you all are advised not to carry valuable belongings with you as the company is not liable to take care of the safety and security of your belongings.
2. If you or any of your group members have been suffering from any prolonging disease then do carry your medicines in your baggage.
Terms and Conditions
1. Be ready to cover the walking distance from the Parking Zone to the sitting area of the temple.
2. The authority can cancel your tour at any point in time and that also without mentioning any of the reason.
3. Ticket one sold or issued won’t be refundable at any circumstances.
4. Guide services will be available to you by paying an extra charge.
5. If you want to make some modifications in your package then you need to pay an extra charge for certain changes.
Get the best Holiday Offers